- Summit set to attract over 1,000 attendees
- Aims to unite startup investors, corporate innovation communities for long-term collaboration
NEXEA has announced the annual DisruptInvest Summit on the 23rd of May 2024. This gathering is touted as Malaysia’s largest startup and corporate innovation event, aiming to invigorate the startup ecosystem, fostering connections and collaborations amongst angel investors, venture capital, funds, family offices, large corporates, and startup entrepreneurs.
DisruptInvest Summit key speakers include:
- Chua Kee Lock – CEO of Vertex Holdings (Tentative)
- Prashant Kumar – founder of Entropia
- Idris Jala – chairman of Pemandu Associates
- Georg Chmiel – co-founder and chair of Juwai-IQI Holdings
- Arsalaan (Oz) Ahmed – founder & executive chairman of Mmob
- Ben Lim – founder and CEO of Nexea
Among the selected key topics for the summit are:
- The angel investors hot seat – Burning questions that entrepreneurs need answered
- Maintaining Malaysia’s #1 position as the leader in islamic fintech as a startup ecosystem – What does it take?
- Corporate disruption – How family-owned corporates & MNCs prepare for disruption
According to Ben Lim, the significance of the DisruptInvest summit is to drive the startup investors (including VCs, Angel Investors & Family Offices) and corporate innovation community to collaborate, invest, and acquire startups in the long-term. “This will benefit the Malaysian startup ecosystem by driving a more vibrant merger & acquisitions and exits market so that even more future tech giants and their stakeholders will acquire and invest in the startups as well when more success stories happen,” he added.
Special guests at DisruptInvest Summit, including:
- Paramjit Singh, chief investment officer of Mavcap
- Mohamed Sharil Tarmizi, senior advisor of Zico
- Shi Ying Lau, CEO & managing partner of Adaptive Capital Partners
- Sai Kit, founding managing partner of Artem Ventures
- Peter Wee, president of Malaysian Business Angel Network
This summit builds on the success of previous years, setting a higher bar for collaborative growth, innovative thinking, and strategic partnerships. With a lineup of industry leaders and 1000+ attendees, the DisruptInvest Summit aims to be a milestone event in Malaysia’s Startup Investment and corporate innovation journey.
“This DisruptInvest Summit has generated interest in the last few years because it is where successful and innovative founders, investors, and corporate leaders converge. It’s an opportunity for all of us to learn, be inspired, and forge valuable connections that will be important in our respective entrepreneurial and corporate journeys. I look forward to learning, participating and building meaningful connections there,” said Peter Wee, President of Malaysian Business Angel Network.
Find out more and get involved at https://www.disruptinvest.org/.