Man who killed 2-year-old daughter, left charred remains in pot gets over 21 years’ jail, caning

SINGAPORE: On September 19, a man who killed his toddler and then concealed the crime with his wife by burning the child’s body in metal pot & nbsp was given the death penalty of 21 years and 15 years in prison as well as 18 caneon blows.

Due to giggle orders to protect the surviving subjects, the 35-year-old Singaporean may be named. Additionally, the jest orders imposed by the court and nbsp cover the wife’s personality and the location of the murder.

The man admitted guilt to one count of criminal homicide that wasn’t crime.

Additionally, he admitted guilt to three counts, including riot, mistreating his son, and using a particular drug. Five more fees may be taken into account in punishment.

The jury learned that the man and his wife had four children of their own, including the sufferer, who was born in 2011 and was two and a half years old.

The family and nbsp had a son and daughter from an earlier union. & nbsp,

The target was placed in foster care in November 2011 when she was three to four months old because her family was deemed unable to care for her and her father had been imprisoned in a drug rehab facility.

The lady was returned to her relatives in June 2013.

She frequently sobbed because, according to the trial, she had spent one and a half years in facilitate care and her parents were unfamiliar to her.

The woman was allegedly abused by her kids up until the time of her death, according to the court. Her father had bite her thigh and pinch her body as well as hit her with objects like a belt or hanger.

The pair mistreated their other kids in a similar way as well.

The girl was playing with her feces in March 2014 when the accused and his wife became disturbed because she had soiled her baby.

The trial claimed that the girl’s mother slapped her ears and” flicked her mouth” when she cried” despite being asked no to.”

The accused violently slapped his child two to three times after consuming glass earlier that morning.

The girl’s arms became poor as a result, and she fell to the ground. She stopped sobbing and began gasping for air as her brain began to lean to the straight and her upper body leaned forward.

Her mother observed fluids and blood oozing from her nose and mouth.

A concussive head capture resulted from the girl’s severe traumatic brain injury. & nbsp,

She did not respond after her father gave her a few rounds of respiratory treatment. Despite the fact that her injuries were life-threatening, neither family called for assistance or took her to the doctor.

They feared they may be detained for her wounds. The accused was likewise concerned about being detained for using drugs.

According to the prosecution, health action might have been able to save the girl.


By fabricating information about the murderer’s movements and lying to the police and their own family members, the couple attempted to hide their tracks.

The girl’s parents put her body in a copper bowl on the day of her death and set it on fire in the back of the accused manor.

Before stuffing the container into a paper box, sealing it with masking tape, and wrapping it in hold cover, they made sure her figure had been completely burned.

In their apartment, they kept the container under the burner.

Brother of the girl, who went by the name of Z, was warned not to touch the box and informed that it contained products from the accused’s lorry.

The family lied that her estranged father had taken the child ahead when the Ministry of Education contacted them in 2017 to inquire as to why the child had no registered for Primary 1, while the accused claimed that his friends were looking after her in Malaysia.

Z, the mother’s nephew, started to wonder more and more about what was in the box. He attempted to discard it because it was filthy and the hold cover contained insect eggs.

The box was newly wrapped when the girl’s mother learned of it, and she forbade her brother from touching it ever again.

When the girl’s mother was sentenced to prison in 2019, her brother opened the box and discovered an a & nbsp, or wet, decomposed lump.

When his sister’s friends visited the apartment after she was sentenced for other crimes, he afterwards showed them what was in the pot.

The friends reported their unease to the authorities because they felt uncomfortable.