Motorcade protest duo get bail 105 days after arrest

Motorcade protest duo get bail 105 days after arrest

Attorneys for the launch of 19 of the people held in social situations

Motorcade protest duo get bail 105 days after arrest
Since February 13th, Tantawan Tuatulanon and Natthanon Chaimahabud have been in pre-trial incarceration following an incident that occurred on February 4 during a royal parade. ( Photo: @ Tantawantawan Instagram )

Two activists are being held on parole after an incident at a royal parade in February, both of whom are facing charges of insurrection and other crimes.

After more than three times in custody, Tantawan” Tawan” Tuatulanon and Frank Chaimahabud were scheduled to be released later on Tuesday. They went on a hunger strike for more than 60 times before being transferred to Thammasat University Hospital.

According to Thai Lawyers for Human Rights ( TLHR ), the bail request for Ms. Tantawan was approved on Monday, with a guarantee of 100, 000 baht in cash required and the requirement that she wear an electronic monitoring ( EM) device.

She was taken from the doctor on Tuesday to the Criminal Court to be fitted with the system. According to some witnesses, officers were waiting there to apprehend her on a fresh fee. They claimed that they had been informed that she was facing charges of supporting a gentleman who had painted a” No 112″ message on the walls of the Bangkok Temple in March of last year.

But, after some discussions, lawyers claimed the officers agreed that Ms. Tantawan may appear and accept the fee at the Phra Ratchawang police stop on May 31.

Ms. Tantawan is also accused of violating Section 112 of the Criminal Code by surveying the general public about the pain royal motorcades caused.

She and Mr. Natthanon are accused of being involved in a car accident that occurred on February 4 while a parade was traveling with Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. When a police vehicle was stopped, Mr. Natthanon consistently honked his horn while attempting to pass it, and Ms. Tantawan argued with the officer. They were detained on February 13 and had been there ever since.

The loan request for Mr Natthanon was approved on Tuesday afternoon, even with friendship of 100, 000 ringgit. Initial objections to parole were brought up by police because they believed the suspect may interfere with evidence while the investigation was advancing. However, according to doctors, the investigation is now full and the jury has come to the conclusion that the risk is no longer a factor.

On May 22 — the tenth anniversary of the defense revolution ), TLHR requested bail for 19 political prisoners, some of whom had been charged under Section 112 and were awaiting trial or resuming their sentences. The authorities are also considering the latest entries.

One of the demands made by hunger workers, including Ms. Tantawan and Mr. Natthanon, was the right to bail suspects who were awaiting trial in democratic cases. Their partner Netiporn” Boong” Sanesangkhom, 28, died on May 14 of a heart attack after being weakened by her thirst attack.