WAZIRABAD: Former Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan accused his successor on Friday (Nov 4) of participation in a plot to kill him when he recovered in medical center from gunshot injuries following an assassination try .
Khan told reporters that Shehbaz Sharif, who replaced him as premier following a vote of simply no confidence in April, was involved in a plot that included Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah and a mature army commander.
“These three made a decision to kill me, inch Khan said in the first public look since Thursday’s strike, adding that 2 gunman were included.
The government offers denied any component, and blamed the particular assassination attempt on a gunman fueled by religious extremism.
The attack on Khan’s convoy wiped out one man plus wounded at least ten, significantly raising the stakes in a political crisis that has gripped the South Hard anodized cookware nation since Khan’s ousting in April.
The 70-year-old former international cricket star had been leading a campaign convoy of thousands since last week from Lahore to the capital Islamabad.
Sitting within a wheelchair – his right leg inside a cast and left leg heavily bandaged – Khan spoke for over an hour, railing against the government and establishment he accuses of unseating your pet.
Earlier, scattered protests broke out there around the country right after Friday afternoon praying, the most important of the 7 days, with police deploying tear gas in a number of cities to control packed areas.
Khan was looking out at the masses when bullets had been sprayed at his modified container truck as it slowly inched through a thick masses in Wazirabad, close to 170km east of Islamabad.
“Everyone who was standing in the very front row obtained hit, ” previous information minister Fawad Chaudhry, who was standing up behind Khan, told AFP earlier.
One gunman was tackled by a promoter, preventing more accidents, he added.
A suspect had been taken into police custody and a video clip which appears to be the confession to law enforcement was leaked to the media, in which he says Khan was “misleading the public”.
He adds that he was angry using the noisy procession with regard to interrupting the call to prayer that summons Muslims to the mosque five times per day.
Interior Ressortchef (umgangssprachlich) Sanaullah said the particular attack was “a very clear case of religious extremism”.
“The allegations created by the accused within the video are very startling and very terrifying, ” he said at a press conference.