Activists demand quick probe into jailed peer’s death

Activists demand quick probe into jailed peer’s death

Young activists even demand the release of political prisoners and the passing of amnesty law quickly.

Activists demand quick probe into jailed peer’s death
At the Government House problem center on Thursday, an advocate reads a request for a transparent investigation into Netiporn” Boong” Sanesangkhom’s death. ( Screenshot taken from the Facebook page of Thalufah )

Fresh social activists have urged the government to launch an immediate and honest investigation into the death of their partner Netiporn” Boong” Sanesangkhom and discharge political prisoners.

On Thursday, Panusaya” Rung” Sithijirawattanakul and Patsaravalee” Mild” Tanakitvibulpon, two members of the Thalufah ( Through the Sky ) group requested a complaint at the Government House complaint center.

They requested that a quick and thorough investigation into the death of Netiporn be conducted, release political detainees on parole, prolong the arrest of political suspects pending an amnesty law, and accelerate up the passage of asylum laws that may protect people in social cases.

Legislators are still weighing whether to include those found guilty of violating Section 112 of the Criminal Code, the lese-majeste laws, in asylum laws.

Ms Panusaya is facing 25 charges, including many lese- guess accusations, for her part in the youngsters- led protests that began in 2020 against the martial- linked government of Gen Prayut Chan- o- cha. She expressed regret for the death of Netiporn while a civil government was in place under Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin.

Mr. Srettha stated on Wednesday that he had instructed the Justice Ministry to look into the situation surrounding Netiporn’s dying before he left for France on a business trip.

Ms. Panusaya also resisted the Department of Corrections ( DoC )’s ( DOC ) release of surveillance video of what transpired in the prison hospital on Tuesday morning, pleading with the concerned officials to provide more details about the attempts to revive Netiporn.

Netiporn, according to the office, had a heart strike at the hospital on Tuesday morning just after 6am. She was pronounced dead at 11.22am despite treatment efforts and emergency treatment at Thammasat University Hospital.

Somkid Chueakong, assistant secretary-general to the prime minister, stated that the government was concerned about the death and would let the protesters know how it would answer following a meeting with the campaigners next week.

The Central Correctional Hospital has yet to give Netiporn’s health records to the party, according to attorney Kunthika Nutcharus of Thai Lawyers for Human Rights, who was writing on X.

She questioned why it takes the hospital so much to release medical records and claimed that it is a normal procedure to request them.

Due to Tuesday, the prisoner had been eating since early April but had been refusing to take vitamins and minerals. According to the DoC, this is true. In response, it claimed, she was weakened by the effects of the late-January hunger strike that she had started after her loan was voided in connection with a fee of lese-majeste.

Netiporn’s suicide has received widespread global media coverage, but the state has stressed that the exact cause has not yet been established. According to Nikorndej Balankura, a Ministry of Foreign Affairs official, an autopsy was performed on Wednesday at Thammasat University Hospital and the results were expected to take about seven weeks.

In a different growth, a jailed human rights lawyer’s Facebook page reported that some prisoners had shaved their heads in a show of support after Netiporn’s passing, according to a source who was quoted by him.

Arnon has been convicted of two der- guess offences, with words totalling eight times, and is awaiting test on 12 more fees. Since he was second sentenced on September 26 last season, the father of two has been denied parole numerous times.

Netiporn’s family, however, brought her figure from Thammasat University Hospital on Thursday night to Wat Suthapot in Lat Krabang region, where blessings will continue through Saturday, with death on Sunday.