Simply no harmful gases were found in the air inside a 20km radius of the factory in Nakhon Pathom that a new chemical leak, the Pollution Control Division (PCD) said upon Thursday after this conducted an investigation.
The event happened early on Thursday at a plant owned by Indorama Endeavors Plc (IVL) which usually produces polyester fibres, yarns and potato chips with a capacity of 120, 00 tonnes per year. No severe injuries were documented.
2 chemicals — diphenyl oxide and biphenyl — leaked from a heating system’s air cooler at the place in Nakhon Chaisi district.
The leak of “common heat move fluid” was recognized at 5. 45am and was contained within 10 minutes, the particular listed company mentioned in a statement towards the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
“There was no leakage into public waterways or any injury to workers or to the surrounding local community or any damage to devices, ” company admin Souvik Roy Chowdhury said.
Some residents twenty kilometres away in tambon Salaya associated with Phutthamonthon district, which usually borders Bangkok, stated they smelt foul-smelling gases.
Chanthana Pakthongsuk, director of the Region 5 Environmental and Pollution Control Office, which inspected the area, stated the office’s analysis team found the air quality after the occurrence was safe with no odour was recognized.
Mister Chanthana said the particular factory staff took about 10 minutes to show off the faulty control device and stop the drip.
A number of nearby educational institutes in Salaya, including Mahidol Wittayasusorn and Kanjanapisek Witthayalai Nakhon Pathom schools, terminated classes as a result of the particular leak.
Earlier in the morning hours, PCD warned all those living nearby to prevent going outdoors except if absolutely necessary. It urged people to wear masks and immediately get in touch with a doctor if they encounter difficulty breathing.
Later, it sent a group to inspect the air high quality at six universities including Wat Puranawat in Bangkok’s Thawi Watthana district, Beat Khu Wat College in Nonthaburi’s Boom Yai district plus four other institutions in Nakhon Pathom.
Dicha Kongsri, director associated with Thawi Watthana area office in Bangkok, said two college students who suffered reddish colored eyes and blocked nasal passages obtained first aid from their educators.
Nakhon Pathom governor Surasak Charoensiricho said he ordered the temporary suspension of the stock and the closure of nearby schools included in inspection protocols. He said the outflow might have occurred due to the age of the system’s hot oil furnace.